1. You must admit that you are a sinner.
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
2. Even though we all are sinners, God love us anyway.
"God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
3. God wants to save you JUST BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU!
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy." Titus 3:5
4. It's God's grace that allows you to come to Him - not your efforts to "clean up your life" or work your way to Heaven. You can't earn it. It's a free gift.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
5. Jesus paid the price for sin by giving His life on Calvary's cross.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
6. God brought Jesus back from the dead and paved the way for you to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus. All that's left for you to do is to accept the gift that Jesus is holding out for you right now.
"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10
7. God says that if you believe in His son, Jesus, you can live forever with Him in glory.
"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16
8. Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life by asking Jesus into your heart? If this is your desire, then pray to God from your heart the Sinner’s Prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation, and I accept your free gift of eternal life."
Congratulations! You are now a Christian. It’s the best decision you will ever make.
Go tell someone about it. Jesus is your Savior!